The SHIMANO STEPS e-bike system is pre-installed on all Ideal E-bikes.
Short or long distance, smooth or rough terrain? There’s a SHIMANO STEPS system for you.
The SHIMANO STEPS e-bike systems can be easily configured to suit your needs. Ask your dealer about the possibilities.
City and trekking e-bike systems
It might feel a bit strange to hear that our e-bike systems are built to resemble riding a normal bike. But that’s exactly how it is. Thanks to the intuitive pedaling assistant, you will hardly notice that you’re riding an e-bike. On top of that we’ve put a great deal of effort into the design of our e-bike system. And with a satisfying result – our components are more integrated with your favorite bicycle brand than ever. So now you can zoom to your local café or glide through the countryside in style. Ready to energize your ride?
Are you ready to explore new grounds? Thanks to our e-MTB systems there’s a lot more to discover. Powerful enough to tackle that steep, tricky bit of trail, yet intuitive enough to give you just the right amount of support to hit the technical single-tracks with confidence. And there is more to it: our e-MTB systems are designed to let you maneuver your bike as if you were riding a normal mountain bike. So, what are you waiting for? Adventure is just around the corner.
SHIMANO STEPS E6100
SHIMANO STEPS E6100 is a premium e-bike system of components that are installed on an e-bike to deliver a fully enhanced riding experience. It’s the most versatile system in our collection, built on the latest technologies developed for our successful e-MTB system which serves as the industry’s benchmark.
Powerful lightweight motor designed for optimal power transfer to deliver maximum distance and pleasure
- Extremely low weight of 2.88 kg
- Smooth, intelligent pedaling support that’s easy to operate
- Narrowed pedal-to-frame width for a natural riding feel with increased comfort
- Sleek, compact, integrated design that blends in with bike frame
- Incredibly durable for all weather conditions
- Drive unit saves 20% energy (vs E6000) for increased range
- In Start Mode (Di2 only), bike automatically shifts down to a low gear as you stop, preparing you for an easy start
Fast-charging, high capacity Li-Ion battery gets you there … and back!
- Supported travel up to 185 km on one charge
- 1,000 charge cycles with no significant power loss
- Quick charging time for those who are always on the go
- Bikes also come equipped with new, compact design 418Wh or 504Wh down-tube battery to widen your options
- Power-assist mode and capacity / travel distance (based on combined rider/bike weight of 100 kg, traveling on flat roads in minimal wind at 23 km/h using 7th gear (NEXUS Inter-8) with
Customize your ride, down to what data you view – and how you view it. The choice is yours.
- 4 display options to choose from to fit your style
- Option 1: Sleek, bar-mounted, easy-to-read display with functions including speed, distance, trip time, clock, gear, estimated range, battery indication, and so much more
- Option 2: Via junction, can be wirelessly partnered using ANT or Bluetooth with your smartphone app for a more personalized experience
- Option 3: Via junction, can be wirelessly connected with one of the 3rd party displays from Garmin or SIGMA
- Option 4: Junction only with LED which shows green or red to reflect battery life and support mode so all focus remains on the ride
- Wireless diagnostics and customization from smartphone or tablets using E-TUBE app
Sleek, modern, fully integrated drivetrain with up to 263% gear range. Very lightweight for increased responsiveness.
- Fully automatic shifting (Di2 only) for a more natural riding experience
- Designed for use with internal gear hub or external gearing
- Compatible with NEXUS Inter-5E, our new dedicated e-bike internal gear hub designed to handle all unique demands specific to e-bike riding
- External gearing options are electronic 11-speed with Di2-compatible rear derailleur, or mechanical 9-, 10- or 11-speed shifting
SHIMANO STEPS E8000
SHIMANO STEPS E8000 is a system of components that are installed on an e-bike. It offers you intuitive trail support, but with the feeling of riding a normal mountain bike
Powerful SHIMANO STEPS motor is strong enough to handle the steepest of trails, yet intuitive enough to give you just the right amount of support every pedal stroke along the way.
- Designed specifically to give you that natural feel of riding a normal MTB.
- Weighs only 2.8kg, one of the lightest motors on the market.
- Stable, smooth intuitive power for improved bike handling over every section of trail.
- Solidly supports speeds up to 25 km/h.
Lightweight yet rigid crankset for direct power transfer. Both crankset and rest of the drivetrain built on SHIMANO’s proven technology. This gives you reliability and confidence from first to last pedal stroke.
- Drivetrain components designed to work in sync with each other for unparalleled effectiveness and reliability.
- Spec’d with SHIMANO Hollowtech II bottom bracket for added strength and direct power transfer.
- E-MTB specific Deore XT crankset. Shorter 165 mm crank arm minimizes pedal strikes to maintain smooth cadence and motor assistance.
The Firebolt Switch Unit control with intuitive operation is ergonomically designed for a MTB. It’s the ultimate in comfort and reliability as you switch between modes while blasting through the trails.
- The e-MTB Switch Unit (SW-E8000-L) is ergonomically designed for the specific demands of MTB riding such as riding through tight singletrack and bumpy terrain.
- Accurate, smooth shifting between power-assist modes regardless of weather or terrain conditions.
- Switch between Boost, Trail, Eco and Walk settings in a flash during the ride.
- Shifters incorporate the same design and shifting feel as XT Di2.
Extensive choice of power-assist settings to match your unique riding style. Compact, easy-to-read display with dynamic visuals when switching between support settings.
- Further personalize your support settings by choosing Dynamic, Explorer or Custom Mode to perfectly match your riding style and intended terrain.
- Computer specifically designed to be compact and durable for MTB riding.
- Easy-to-read LCD - each support setting assigned a unique colour.
- Sleek bar-mounted computer with dynamic LCD display shows gear number, power assist mode and battery range information.
- Wirelessly customise your preferences via Bluetooth.
Ultra-durable, powerful battery specially designed for the rigors of mountain biking.
- MTB-dedicated compact, low profile design for improved impact and vibration resistance.
- High capacity long-lasting Li-Ion battery of 504 Wh to cover more territory.
- Supported travel up to 100 km on one charge.
- 1,000 charge cycles with no significant power loss.
Established in 1972, Dah Ken Industrial Co., Ltd. was initially set up to produce car and motorcycle parts. It wasn't until 1990 that the company decided to focus on the production of front suspension forks for bicycles. With almost twenty years of experience and technical expertise in manufacturing suspension systems under its belt, the company quickly established itself as a leader in the bicycle industry. The RST brand achieved low pricing and widespread use of shock absorbers in the global bicycle market, meaning shock absorbers were no longer restricted to the realm of highly priced bicycles.
Positioned in key strategic locations around the world,RST's solid global operations network ensures that its products are well represented and serviced worldwide. Our global recognition has been achieved not only with successful research,production,marketing and after sales services offered by our subsidiaries,but also through cooperation with major component manufacturers around the world .Such strategic alliances have not only further improved the performance of all parties involved,but also provide an opportunity for the pooling of production technologies and for mutual advancement through the positioning of an international brand.